Consultations for skin and allergic conditions in horses (as well as dogs and cats) are available with Dr Tina Baxter. Tina trained for an additional five years in veterinary dermatology and has more than 10 years’ experience working in this field as a general veterinarian.
Skin consultations are extensive, usually lasting one hour, and can be performed either in the clinic at Camden or at your home (travel cost additional). A variety of tests can be performed to help find the reasons and treatment for all types of skin diseases including:
– Chronic itching
– Allergies (service includes specific allergy testing and desensitisation for suitable cases)
– Pastern dermatitis/greasy heel
– Infections caused by bacteria, fungi (such as ringworm) and other germs
– Problems caused by parasites such as mites
– Immune system diseases such as pemphigus, lupus, vasculitis
– Hair loss problems
Tina will seek to diagnose your horse’s particular skin condition, so the most appropriate treatments can be prescribed and, where needed, develop long term management strategies you can utilize at home with ongoing veterinary support.