As part of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospital Camden (UVTHC), the Camden Equine Centre offers pathology services via the Pathology Department of UVTHC.
The Department’s automated instrumentation and skilled technical staff offer a range of diagnostic pathology services. An experienced senior pathologist, a training pathology intern and ready access to a range of specialist and highly qualified pathologists ensure accurate, detailed and clinically relevant results. External laboratories are sometimes utilised to supplement available services.
• Full haematology and biochemistry analyses (blood counts)
• Blood and other fluid chemistries
• Cytological analysis of fluids (joint, pleural, peritoneal and cerebrospinal fluid) and fine needle aspirates
• Microbial (bacterial, fungal) isolation, identification, and antibiotic sensitivity testing
• Pre and/or post worming faecal testing
• Histopathology (biopsy) diagnostic service
• Full post mortem examination service for horse with UVTHC being one of the few facilities to offer this in New South Wales.
The on-site laboratory provides their full range of services to external veterinarians and members of the public such as performance horse owners requiring equine testing.
Our professional pathology staff will also help in the interpretation of the results and assist in laboratory diagnostic evaluation of cases.
To supply a sample, simply complete the Clinical pathology request form 2017 and drop the form and sample in to 410 Werombi Road, Brownlow Hill (near Camden).
For further information call 02 4655 0777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org